The General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018 require organisations, businesses and the government to keep your personal information secure and to only use it in accordance with the data protection principles.
General Privacy Notice
“We” and “Us” – Del Boy Van Hire
“Personal data” – any data which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally.
For the purposes of data protection law, Del Boy Van Hire will be the data controller and data processor.
We ensure that any personal information used by us or given to us is treated in accordance with data protection legislation.
This privacy notice explains how we use your personal information and the ways in which we protect your privacy.
When we collect information about you, we may provide you with a detailed privacy notice which tells you more about why we are collecting it and what we are using it for. We will only use your information in accordance with that privacy notice.
How we use your personal information
We collect and use your personal information so we can provide you with our services. We use your information for the purpose for which you provided the information to include the delivery of services for you. We also use this information to monitor our performance in responding to your request.
We use your information in the following ways:
- to tell you about services and provide services appropriate to you.
- for insight purposes to allow us to analyse patterns and trends of service usage
- for service and financial planning, to help us create policy and inform decision making.
- to help us to verify your identity if you ask us for services.
- to help investigate any concerns or complaints you have may have about the services you receive.
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- where otherwise allowed under the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018. For further information refer to the Information Commissioner’s website.
- in order to provide tailored communications to members, clients and other interested parties regarding services we use data which has been provided by users of our services.
We do not disclose or share sensitive or confidential information without your explicit consent except in a small number of situations where disclosure is allowed by law, or where we have good reason to believe that failing to do so would put you or someone else at risk.
We are keen to ensure that we are providing the services that are needed and are relevant to you. If you choose to sign up for additional services that may be of interest to you, you can choose to opt out of receiving information about those services at any time.
We may also ask for feedback on how we are performing or ask for your views on services which you have been using.
You may not want us to collect or share your personal information, or you may set conditions on how we can use it. In these cases we may not be able to provide with the service you want or may only be able to provide it in a limited way.
The information we collect may be shared between Del Boy Van Hire and a third party email marketing system to provide you with information about our services. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time.
We will only share your personal information when we are permitted to or are required to by law or we have your consent to do so as required by the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018.
Del Boy Van Hire does not pass personal data to other organisations for marketing purposes without your consent. Your personal information is processed only within Del Boy Van Hire.
Emails that we send to you or you send to us may be kept as a record of contact. We may also store your email address for future use. If we need to email sensitive or confidential information to you, we may check that we are using the correct email address and may use additional security measures. If you need to send us sensitive information, we recommend using our secure online forms where provided or the postal service.
You may request information that we hold about you. For details about how to make a request for your own information, please contact us using the information on the contacts page on our website.
You also have the following rights regarding our use of your information. If you chose to exercise these rights, this might in some cases delay or prevent us delivering a service to you. These rights are not absolute and in some situations we will not be able to comply with your request.
- ask us to stop using your information for the purposes of direct marketing
- object to decisions being made about you in some circumstances where decisions have been made about you based on profiling. You will be told at the point of collection if your personal information will be used for this purpose and how it will be used.
- ask us to rectify inaccurate information we hold about you
- ask us to restrict our use of your personal information
- ask us to erase your personal data
- ask us to provide your personal data to an alternative data controller
When we use your personal information on the basis of your consent you will also have the right to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information at any time. In some circumstances, this may mean that you will no longer able to receive the service for which the personal information was collected.
If you have any queries or concerns about how we are handling your information or if you would like to exercise your rights as described above, please contact Del Boy Van Hire via the website.
The Del Boy Van Hire website may contain external links to third party sites. Our privacy notice applies only to information collected by or on behalf of Del Boy Van Hire. If you go to another website, you should read their privacy notice before you give them any personal details.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
If you have any queries regarding this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated January 2021